Friday, September 21, 2007

Sharing Christmas In My Heart

This card started out as an exercise in "faux cracked glass." But the more I played with it, the more I found myself wanting to do the real cracked glass technique. So I did!

The main image is from the stamp set, "Sleigh Bells Ring" and includes a lovely old-fashioned winter scene, plus a great holly leaf stamp and the sentiment "Welcome Christmas into your heart." I stamped it in Timber Brown Stazon ink and used the ticket corner punch on the piece before I embossed it with Glassy Glaze powder and cracked it.

The base is Barely Banana cardstock, very lightly treated to the Weathered background stamp in Barely Banana classic ink. The Ivory wide grosgrain ribbon is lightly stamped in Bravo Burgundy classic ink (using the holly image) and threaded through a buckle from a Hodgepodge Hardware kit in aged copper...and it's just one of many, many classy pieces that come in this kit.

The tag is stamped, then punched out and edged using a dauber.

The Sleigh Bells Ring stamp set would work great for tags and holiday scrapbook pages, too! In fact...I think I'll go make a tag now. LOL!

No comments: